Teachers Health Fund
Teachers Health Fund is a restricted fund and exists specifically to provide private health insurance to the education community and their families. There are thirteen restricted health funds in Australia and Teachers Health Fund is the largest.
Teachers Health Fund is here for you - to care for your health and guide you through your health insurance lifecycle. We have been doing this for teachers and their families since 1954, and now provide cover to over 107,000 members throughout Australia.
Five reasons you should join Teachers Health Fund:
- We offer value for money health insurance, with high benefits and annual limits on Extras services and access to an extensive network of private hospitals.
- We exist for members and genuinely care for the well-being of teachers. This means that you receive the benefits of membership, not shareholders.
- You can choose your own doctor and hospital, so you can avoid public hospital waiting lists (subject to your level of Hospital cover).
- You don't have to be sick to benefit. We offer cover for a range of services that are not usually covered by Medicare, like general dental, physiotherapy and remedial massage.^
- You can depend on us because we have cared for teachers and their families since 1954.
Plus, you can access a Teachers Health Centre for dental and eyecare services.. Eclusive discounts are available to Teachers Health Fund members.
Am I eligible to join?
As a restricted membership health fund, you must meet eligibility criteria in order to join Teachers Health Fund. You are eligible to join Teachers Health Fund if you are or were a full-time, part-time or student member of the IEU. The family of existing Teachers Health Fund members are also eligible to join including a partner or former partner, dependant and adult children, siblings, grandchildren and parents.
Already with another health fund?
Switching to Teachers Health Fund couldn't be easier. After joining you can either notify your current fund yourself or we can do it for you.
If you are transferring to an equivalent level of cover with equivalent benefits, you will not have to re-serve your waiting periods with Teachers Health Fund. If your previous level of cover was lower than your Teachers Health Fund cover, waiting periods will apply to any services that were not covered by your previous fund.
How to join?
- Choose the right cover and get a quote - Compare and select the level of cover that best suits your needs and budget. Information about our products are available teachershealth.com.au. If you already know which cover you need, you can go ahead and Get a Quote online or over the phone.
- Join - Joining Teachers Health Fund is fast, easy and hassle free. You can join:
^Must be from a recognised provider.